Place included package folder named: airport-knyl-yuma in the Packages/Community folder applicable to your MSFS installation.
This scenery package contains enhancements to existing scenery for MCAS Yuma/Yuma International Airport as follows:
- Correction to ILS 21R Approach alignment.
- Replacement of all taxiway and runway signage.
- Creation and addition of custom DASR Radar model.
- Creation and addition of custom PAR antenna model.
- Creation and addition of custom TACAN antenna model.
- Creation and addition of custom T Shade aircraft parking models.
- A-Gear motor placement (Native MSFS Models).
- Some minor building and hangar placements (Native MSFS Models).
- Some enhancement to vehicle parking at terminal (Native MSFS Models).
- Addition of refueling areas: GA Ramp Self Serve and Military Fuel Pits.
- Re-arrangement and addition of aircraft parking:
- North Parking = Customs
- Gate = Terminal
- Northeast Parking = Military Ops and North (Rotor Wing) Fuel Pit
- East Parking = Military Parking Lines and Fixed Wing Fuel Pit
- Southeast Parking = Military North CALA
- South Parking = Military South CALA
- West Parking = T Shades, Million Air FBO, Hero Hangars, and Care Flight
- Northwest Parking = Northwest Hangars
- Improve taxiway lighting.
- Addition of some water towers and water tanks (Native MSFS Models).
- Addition of some ground personnel at parking spots (Native MSFS Models).
- Addition of ramp lighting (MSFS Models).
- Some landcaping to hide MSFS auto generated infield asphalt, which is incorrect.
Primary initial goal was to re-align the ILS localizer signal that was off by a few degrees. Secondary goal was to correct some missplaced and incorrect signage, which ended up being an entire replacement of taxiway and runway signage. Sign proofreading and editing is ongoing for improvement. This scenery is not yet intended to be a complete visual re-creation of the airport and this scenery still relies on many auto-generated buildings and other automatically generated objects.
Future attention will be to create realistic hangars and buildings to replace the basic models placed on the airfield as well as to replace some auto-generated buildings. Additional landscaping will be included later to roughen up and otherwise enhance the auto-generated airfield layout.
Existing issues for future improvement are:
- Fuel trucks can be slow to respond due to extended travel distances. Enhancements pending.
- MSFS ATC only taxis departures to the main parallel runways but this seems to be a generic MSFS issue. Troubleshooting continues.
- Limitations on ramp naming conventions for ATC. Use the list above for ramp selection when using MSFS ATC.
- Interaction of adding an airport over existing airport erases many painted lines on the ramps. This will require manual painted line placement later.
- Auto generated landscaping is too crisp and visually unrealistic. This will be enhanced soon.
- Taxiway light spacing on long straigh routes needs to be adjusted for wider spacing.
The following channels on YouTube are credited and are great sources of instruction on using the MSFS SDK Editor: MyPhisicalWorld, Flying Theston, BennyBoy444, and Federico Pinotti.
Model texturing created using texture assets from ambientCG.com (CC0), cgbookcase.com (CC0), sharetextures.com (CC0), TextureCan.com (CC0), and some of my own.